Enclosure (3) to COMDTINST 4600.14B
d. Type in the amount of travel advance. It is extremely important that the amount
entered is correct; this is the amount that will be billed to the Coast Guard.
e. Press "Function/Enter" button.
f. Type in traveler's EMPLID.
g. Press the "Alpha" button.
h. Using the keypad type in the traveler's last name, the entire name must be entered.
i. Press the "Function/Enter" button.
j. Type "0" (zero).
k. Press the "Function/Enter" button.
l. Press "0" (zero).
m. Press "3".
n. Once the receipt is printed, have the member sign the receipt.
15. If the POS terminal is inoperable an issuance can still be made; however, the POS
process must be completed within three business days of the issuance. If the POS
terminal is inoperable for more than three business days, contact Commandant (CG-102)
for additional instructions. This is the only exception for not completing the POS
process immediately following the issuance of travelers checks.
16. The following is the required document distribution:
a. To the traveler:
(1) Original travel orders:
(2) Purchaser's copy of the PAF (white)(bottom copy) or a copy of the ExpressPass
b. Retained by the travelers check agent:
(1) Copy of travel orders, with copy of backside endorsement that a travel advance
(2) Seller's copy of the PAF (blue) or a copy of the ExpressPass generated receipt.