Enclosure (3) to COMDTINST 4600.14B
(3) Copy of the completed SF-1038, Travel Advance Application.
c. To the Coast Guard Finance Center (FINCEN)
(1) Copy of the travel orders with copy of backside endorsement that a travel advance
(2) Yellow copy of the PAF or original ExpressPass generated receipt.
(3) Copy of the POS receipt (yellow).
(4) Original SF-1038, Travel Advance Application.
17. Daily Closeout Procedures.
a. Daily closeout procedures must be performed, without exception, every day travelers
checks are issued.
b. After the last transaction of the day, the POS terminal must be closed out. The daily
closeout process is a three-step process; first validate daily net sales, second step is
the actual POS terminal closeout and the last step is the End of Day transmission to
(1) Validation using the POS terminal (also see the POS terminal Quick Reference
(a) Press the "Function" key.
(b) Enter "3".
(c) Enter terminal code "1".
(d) Net sales for the day will now print out.
(e) Verify the net sales with the ExpressPass Receipts or PAFs for the current
(2) Daily closeout of the POS terminal (also see the POS terminal Quick Reference
(a) Press the "8" key.
(b) Confirm; press the zero key "0" for yes or the one key "1" for no.
(c) Net sales; enter the daily net sales total. The daily net sales must be obtained
from the daily validation of net sales.