Enclosure (4) to COMDTINST 16711.1
deployment, crew performance, management structure, and effectiveness of plans a nd
7. Procedures for sharing information and lessons learned in a timely manner and ensure its
8. Procedures to ensure continuous improvement in the development, implementation, and
conduct of these exercises.
E. Response Training and Exercise Coordinator at The National Strike Force Coordination
1. Support Commandant (G-MOR) and (G-OPF) in developing exercise schedules,
developing contingency response and contingency planning guidance and estimating
exercise funding requirements.
2. Coordinate with Commandant (G-MOR) and (G-OPR) to develop ICS response doctrine
unique to MRO operations and include doctrine in the Coast Guard Incident Management
3. Coordinate with Commandant (G-MOR) incident management training for MRO
response personnel. Training to range from basic Incident Command System (ICS)
courses to National/Regional Incident Command.
4. Develop process and strategies for conducting government- led area exercises (in
cooperation with Commandant (G-MOR) and (G-OPF)), including identifying funding
and resource requirements.
5. Develop clear guidelines on scope and process for design and execution of industry- led
area exercises (in cooperation with Commandant (G-MOR) and (G-OPF)), including
identifying funding and resource requirements.
6. Initially, provide consultative support to district and field unit exercise planners for large
MRO exercises and attend large exercises as appropriate. Facilitate design,
documentation, and production of government and industry led exercises (in cooperation
with Commandant (G-MOR) and (G-OPF)), after identified funding and resource needs
F. Passenger Vessel Program Outreach and Coordination Specialist - Districts
For vessels that fall under category (a) and (b):
1. Coordinate with headquarters and field units to maintain an effective passenger vessel
prevention, preparedness and response program.