Enclosure (4) to COMDTINST 16711.1
C. Co-Program Manager, Passenger Vessel Contingency Planning and Emergency Respo nse
Activities @ Commandant (G-OPF)
1. Working closely with Commandant (G-MOR), (G-OPR), (G-MOC) and NSFCC, develop
and include in the Coast Guard's master exercise schedule, the appropriate
response/evacuation exercises to enhance readiness for casualty response.
2. Develop criteria to assess emergency preparedness and exercise performance. The
evaluation criteria will address issues such as Human Factors, emergency equipment
availability and deployment, crew performance, management structure, and effectiveness
of plans and procedures. Ensure that these evaluation criteria are properly placed in the
Exercise Planning Manual to promote standardization throughout the Coast Guard.
3. Create the appropriate policy and doctrine from which district and port level planners can
amend their existing plans to include standardized MRO information.
4. Develop funding and staffing needs to carry out the exercise and planning programs.
5. Develop emergency response and contingency planning and exercise guidance.
6. Periodically visit and participate in exercises that test Passenger Vessel Emergency
7. Monitor Coast Guard Standard After Action Information and Lessons Learned System
(CGSAILS) inputs derived from Passenger Vessel Emergency Response exercises.
D. Co-Program Manager, Passenger Vessel Contingency Planning and Emergency Response
Activities @ Commandant (G-MOR)
Working in close coordination with NSFCC, Commandant (G-OPR), (G-MOC), and
industry, assist Commandant (G-OPF) in developing the following programs, policy, and
procedures, and in identifying funding and resources required to execute them:
1. A national program for conducting field and tabletop exercises
2. Guidance for conducting contingency response and contingency planning.
3. Process and strategies for conducting government- led MRO exercises
4. Guidelines on scope and process for design and execution of industry-led area exercises.
5. Facilitate design, documentation, and production of government and industry led
6. Criteria to assess emergency preparedness and exercise performance. The evaluation
criteria will address issues such as Human Factors, emergency equipment availability and