Enclosure (2) to COMDTINST 6150.1
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT FOR THE BENEFITS DELIVERY
(2) The VA Medical Center will provide for specialty consultations when ordered by the
VBA Representative to further evaluate the Coast Guard service member's claim of
(3) Provide transcribed examination results within 21days following last examination to
(4) Direct Coast Guard service members to return to the Command POC if unresolved
problems are identified and provide a memo to the Command POC that identifies the
reason for return and remaining questions needing to be resolved.
(5) Appoint a VAMC POC to serve as representative on all issues relating to the
c. Veterans Benefits Administration Regional Office will:
(1) Participate in scheduled pre-separation events conducted at the separation site (e.g.,
Transition Assistance Program (TAP) workshop orientations, pre-separation and pre-
(2) Provide counseling service with scheduled office hours at separation site to provide
separating service members with VA benefits information and claims assistance
within 90 180 days of release from active duty.
(3) Provide necessary services to begin vocational rehabilitation process for eligible
separating service members.
(4) Prepare a formal rating decision, an award or disallowance of benefits, and written
notification to the separating Coast Guard service member within 15 days of receipt
of DD-214, completed medical records, and associated paperwork.
(5) Appoint a VBA POC to coordinate the role of the VBARO in implementing the
7. OTHER PROVISIONS. A review and evaluation of the program will be conducted at six (6)
months from the effective date of agreement and annually thereafter.
8. AGREEMENT. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to conflict with current law or
regulation or the directives of the United States Coast Guard, Department of Homeland
Security, Department of Veterans Affairs, or the Veterans Benefits Administration. If a term
of this agreement is inconsistent with such authority, then that term shall be invalid, but the
remaining terms and conditions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect.