Enclosure (2) to COMDTINST 6150.1
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT FOR THE BENEFITS DELIVERY
a. The U. S. Coast Guard will:
(1) Disseminate information on the availability of the BDDP to those service members
separating through the U.S. Coast Guard Clinic.
(2) Make separating Coast Guard service members available for benefits counseling and
VA medical examination before registration with the VBA.
(3) CG Commands with health services clinics attached will perform laboratory, x-ray,
and other screening usually performed as Part 1 of the separation examination.
(4) CG Commands with health services clinics attached will provide the completed DD-
2808, DD-2807-1, lab/test results, and a copy of the military service medical records
to the member for presentation to the VBA representative at the time of filing of
claim for VA disability compensation.
(5) Provide the VBA representative dependency, retirement and/or severance pay
(6) Provide the Coast Guard service member's complete original military service medical
record and copy of the member's DD-214 form to the Veterans Benefits
Administration Regional Office no later than 7 calendar days following date of
(7) Provide adequate office space and medical records holding for the VBA
(8) Appoint a Command point-of-contact (POC) for medical and personnel issues
relating to the program.
b. VA Medical Centers will:
(1) Provide comprehensive medical examinations sufficient to meet the needs of both the
United States Coast Guard and the Department of Veterans' Affairs. Examinations
will be conducted not sooner than 180 days prior to separation, but not later than 90
days prior to start of terminal leave or date of separation.