Enclosure (6) to COMDTINST 16004.2
78. Corrective actions carried out under the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
(RCRA)(42 U.S.C. 6901 et seq.) and any associated implementing regulations to the
extent such actions either comply with the substantive requirements of the approved state
program or are exempt from other environmental regulations under the provisions of RCRA
and applicable regulations issued under RCRA.
79. Actions for the protection of historic, cultural and archeological resources pursuant to
consultations under Section 106 of the federal National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA)
(16 U.S.C. 470 et seq.) and any associated implementing regulations to include actions
pursuant to cooperative agreements with the State Historic Preservation Officer or other
state agencies and universities.
80. Actions for the protection of endangered or threatened wildlife or plant species and/or their
critical habitat pursuant to consultations with the U.S. F ish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
and/or the National Marine Fishery Service (NMFS) under Section 7 of the federal
Endangered Species Act (ESA) (16 U.S.C. 1531 et seq.) and any associated
81. Actions pursuant to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
designation of a National Marine Sanctuary pursuant to Title II of the Marine Protection
Research & Sanctuaries Act (MPRSA) (16 U.S.C. 1431 et seq.) and any associated
82. Actions pursuant to a p ermit issued by the U.S. EPA under the Ocean Dumping Act (also
known as the Marine Protection, Research, and Sanctuaries Act of 1992 (MPRSA)) (33
U.S.C. 1431 et seq.) and any associated implementing regulations.
83. Discharges, other than sewerage, incidental to the normal operation of Coast Guard vessels
subject to federal Uniform National Discharge Standards for Vessels of the Armed Forces
(40 C.F.R. Part 1700).
84. Any community emergency planning, emergency notification, hazardous chemical
reporting, toxic chemical release inventory reporting or other implementing or compliance
requirements under the federal Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act
of 1986 (EPCRA) (42 U.S.C. 11001 et seq.) and any associated implementing