Enclosure (2) to COMDTINST 16630.1
POISE DEFINITIONS AND TERMS
* POISE Manager - individual appointed by G-MW responsible for the overall technical and
program management of all POISE web sites. Establishes overall policy for ensuring accuracy,
uniformity and reliability of each POISE webpage. This individual has the authority/ability to
update or make changes to any unit POISE webpage at his/her discretion. (Note: The POISE
Manager's E-mail address is located at the bottom of the POISE homepage:
* District POISE Officer (DPO) - individual appointed by the District (m) Officer. This individual
will be the POISE quality control point of contact for POISE websites within their district. Also
acts as a liaison between the Unit POISE Webmaster and the POISE Manager.
* Unit POISE Webmaster - individual appointed by the Captain of the Port. Although not
necessary, some "hands-on experience" in updating web pages is helpful since the Unit POISE
Webmaster is responsible for updating and maintaining a unit's POISE (index.htm) page on the
World Wide Web (WWW) server. The Unit POISE Webmaster will be identified by a "mailto"
hyperlink to his/her Coast Guard e-mail address at the bottom of the unit's POISE page.
* POISE POC list - A listing of all POISE points of contact, including the Unit POISE Webmaster,
District POISE Officer and POISE Manager. This listing also shows the directory/folder for which
each Unit POISE Webmaster is responsible on the WWW Server. The POISE POC list is
maintained by the POISE Manager and is available online at the following URL:
* G-M PCAO - Primary Content Approving Officer - Individuals(s) appointed by G-M to approve
web content and to approve new Webmaster applications submitted via the WEBPAL. * WebPAL -
An online application for Coast Guard Webmasters (including Unit POISE Webmasters) available
at the following URL: https://wwwstage.uscg.mil/webpal2/webmasterapplication/