SEP 1 1999
e. Commander, Coast Guard Personnel Command (CGPC-epm):
(1) Sends applicant Active Duty Direct Petty Officer Rate Determination Package to
the appropriate Force Managers.
(2) Acts as final approving authority for Active Duty Direct Petty Officer Program
(3) Coordinates with prospective applicants through the Coast Guard Recruiting
Center (CGPC-CGRC) to negotiate contract duration and first assignment location.
(4) Issues appropriate orders.
Director, Coast Guard Recruiting Center (CGPC-CGRC):
(1) Designs and executes a marketing plan for the Coast Guard Active Duty Direct
Petty Officer Program as part of an overall effort to accomplish Coast Guard
recruiting missions and goals.
(2) Ensures eligible members' enlistment contracts set forth the terms of employment,
including appropriate Selective Reserve (SELRES), Inactive Ready Reserves
(IRR), medical, and security clearance requirements.
(3) By the fifth (5th) day of each month, provides a list of personnel recruited under
the Active Duty Direct Petty Officer Program, including each recipient's name,
Social Security Number, enlistment and shipping date, rating affiliation, and other
pertinent identifying data. The report will be submitted to the Coast Guard
Personnel Command (CGPC-epm) with copies to CGPC-epm, Commandant (G-
WPM-1), Commandant (G-WP-1), Commandant (G-WR-3), HRSIC (MAS), and
TRACEN Cape May (apr).
g. Commandant (G-CP, G-SRF, G-ORW, G-MRP, G-WKH, and G-WR):
(1) Assesses and develops training and experience standards for eligible ratings and
acts as the approval authority for acceptable training programs or schools.
(2) Provides recommendations to the Coast Guard Personnel Command (CGPC-epm)
on Active Duty Direct Petty Officer Program Rate Determination Packages.