SEP 1 1999
Agree to an initial enlistment as an E-3 (without a designator) for a minimum of three
but not more than six years for the purpose of attending the Service's standard Recruit
Training program. On completing Recruit Training, members shall advance to E-4 in
the rating for which enlisted and fulfill the terms of the initial enlistment contract.
a. Commandant (G-WPM):
(1) Oversees the Active Duty Direct Petty Officer Program policy.
(2) In consultation with Commandant (G-WP-1), establishes the number of applicants
by rating who may be enlisted under the program.
b. Commandant (G-WTT):
(1) Guides Force Managers in assessing technical, vocational, and trade school
curricula for compatibility with Class "A" school curricula.
(2) Assists Force Managers in assessing and developing accreditation criteria and
certifying technical, vocational, and trade schools for recruiting purposes under the
Active Duty Direct Petty Officer Program.
(3) Assists Commandant (G-WP-1) as necessary to determine annual quota availability
for eligible ratings.
(4) At least annually coordinates with Force Managers to evaluate the efficacy of the
Active Duty Direct Petty Officer Program to provide petty officers who perform at
least to the level of Class "A" school graduates.
c. Commandant (G-WT-1): Annually provides Commandant (G-WP-1) with an updated
capacity list for each Class "A" school.
d. Commandant (G-WP-1): Annually reviews the list of eligible ratings and recommends
quotas available to participate in the Active Duty Direct Petty Officer Program to
Commandant (G-WPM-1). These quotas are associated with the targeted ratings; e.g.,
those ratings whose anticipated fiscal year Class "A" school need is above the Class
"A" school capacity.