26 FEB 1991
(2) Headquarters Executive Steering Committee (HQ ESC). The Chief of Staff chairs the
HO ESC and every HQ Office Chief is a member.
(3) Coordinating Council Quality Management Boards (CC QMB). Three HQ
coordinating councils will address cross-functional processes. The Chief of Staff
chairs each coordinating council QMB. Other members of these coordinating councils
are listed in reference (b). These coordinating councils are: (a) Operations
Coordinating Council (OCC QMB)
(a) Human Relations Coordinating Council (HRC QMB) (c) Systems Coordinating
Council (SCC QMB)
(4) Office Quality Management Boards (QMB). Each Headquarters Office will have a
QMB composed of the Office Chief, Deputy Office Chief, and the Division Chiefs.
The commanding officer of each Headquarters unit is also a member of an Office
QMB. Enclosure (2) lists each Headquarters Unit and their respective HQ QMB.
(5) Other Quality Management Boards. Quality Management Boards below the Office
level are optional. Office Chiefs have the authority to form additional QMBs as
Field Organization. Enclosure (3) describes the basic structure for TQM within Coast
Guard field units. Area, District and Maintance and Logistic Commanders should define
the structure for their organizations below this first level.
(1) Area Executive Steering Committee (AESC & PESC). The Area Commander chairs
this board, and each District Commander and MLC Commander is a member of the
Area ESC. The Area Chief of Staff is also a member of this committee.
(2) Area Quality Management Boards (QMB). The Area Chief of Staff chairs this QMB;
membership includes the Area Division Chiefs.