(3) The RCGRC Chair(s) shall be nominated from among the Coast Guard retirees and
annuitants, and approved and appointed by the sponsor.
(4) The RCGRC Chair(s) may appoint Committee Heads who have been nominated by the
(5) Regional councils will meet a minimum of twice a year to:
(a) Exchange ideas on matters concerning retiree entitlements;
(b) Consolidate support on issues that arise during the meetings;
(c) Coordinate the activities of council members to wield greater influence on matters of
mutual concern; and
(d) Make recommendations to the sponsoring command and CCGNRC.
(6) Council meeting minutes will be prepared and submitted to the sponsoring command. The
sponsoring command will review the minutes, provide written comments for applicable items
and return minutes and comments to the RCGRC Chair(s). The RCGRC Chair(s) will
forward minutes and comments to the CCGNRC Co-Chair(s).
(7) The RCGRC's Chair(s) may represent the Coast Guard retiree and annuitant community at
local and regional SECNAV, Army, and Air Force retiree council meetings.
(8) Councils may meet by appropriate means. The common expectation is that such meetings
rely on physical proximity, such as people in the same room at the same time. However,
advances in communication technology make other meeting methods viable and reasonable.
Meeting methods may include, but are not limited to, voice teleconference, video
teleconference, and internet chat.
c. District Commanders, Commanders of Maintenance and Logistics Commands, Superintendent of
the Academy, Commanders of Headquarters units, Commanding Officers of Integrated Support
Commands, Sector Commanders, and Unit Commanding Officers shall:
(1) Actively encourage retirees and annuitants to establish an RCGRC and then sponsor and
support the RCGRC, consistent with available resources and the needs of the local council,
when chartered. Support may include, but is not limited to, provision of office and meeting
space and use of office equipment and supplies necessary to prepare council correspondence
(i.e., letters and newsletters) and conduct council business.
(2) In order to improve outreach to local retirees and annuitants, units may request address
listings from Coast Guard Personnel Service Center, Retiree and Annuitant Services Division
(PSC (RAS)) as necessary. As a cautionary note, this information may only be used for bona
fide Council Program purposes and must be appropriately safeguarded.